Thailand Restaurant and Bar 2011 (R&B 2011) is a dedicated international exhibition and conference brings together all key players in the hotel, restaurant, bar and café industry under one roof.
R&B 2011 is the most cost effective international exhibition marketplace showcasing the latest technology, products, equipment, materials, services and methods for the hotel, bar, café, restaurant and catering (HORECA) industry and service sectors.
R&B 2011 is a key industry forum for the hotel, restaurant and catering (HORECA) industry and service sectors bringing together the entire industry for exchange, networking and sharing of knowledge, trends and expertise.
R&B 2011 serves to be an effective educational platform with a series of highly interactive conferences, seminars, workshops, demonstrations, competitions to improve the professional standards of all players in the hotel, restaurant and catering industry and service sectors.
SOME KEY MARKET FACTS
- Key driving force in Thailand’s F&B service sector – Rising affluent middle class, modern lifestyle and tourism.
- Thailand’s restaurant market is worth over 194 billion baht in 2008 (Kasikorn Research Centre) comprising small medium enterprises, international/high end restaurants and quick service restaurants.
- Thailand has over 5,000 hotels and resorts and still growing, leading increases in the numbers of food service outlets to support more tourists.
- Numbers of restaurants in Thailand is over well 58,000 of which over 12,000 are located in Bangkok.
- Over 1000 Quick Service Restaurant (QSR) in Thailand with a market share of over 20 billion baht. 90% are fast food franchises covering chicken, hamburgers, pizza, ice creams, etc.
- Café market is driven by consumers love for coffee café and clubs. For example, Black Canyon opens 12 to 15 new outlets a year.
- Numbers of Japanese restaurants on the rise to meet growing market demands worth 6 billion baht a year.